Join Our Association
Become a MWInns Member!
Why should you become a MWInns member?
Our mission statement says it all: To maximize the success of all members by marketing our unique brand of hospitality to travelers; promoting quality; being a leader in providing networking, educational, and business opportunities, and by being an advocate for members and the industry.
Apply To Become a MWInns Member… Anytime is a Good Time
2024 Membership: “Start My Benefits Now!” It is easy!
- NEW MEMBER – 2024 Membership Benefit Tier Structure ~ Benefits & Pricing
- 2024 Q&A Room Remittance MWINNS
To apply and pay online, follow these steps:
- Complete the “New Member Application” AND the “Standards Criteria Checklist” via the links below and submit to be taken to PayPal to pay membership dues. Join today!
To print out your application to fill out and mail/email in, follow these steps:
- Print off and complete the “New Member Application” and “Standards Criteria Checklist” forms below:
- Submit both forms, copy of licenses, and membership dues. All can be mailed to the address below or scanned and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership dues can be paid by mailing a check with your application.
Midwest Association of Independent Inns
206 Jefferson Street
Waupaca, WI 54981
Who is the Midwest Association of Independent Inns (MWInns)?
The Midwest Association of Independent Inns (MWInns) is a respected voice that has represented the backbone of the B&B industry in the Midwest by innkeepers dedicated to maintaining high standards of hospitality. It is a dependable resource in today’s ever changing lodging marketplace that provides a full range of services, working on advocacy, marketing, education, and quality programs to assist Innkeepers as they invite guests to stay as a local and seek the unique! It is one of only a few staffed B&B associations in the United States. The Midwest’s finest Bed & Breakfasts and Inns representing all areas of the region are members of the MWInns. They are all licensed, inspected and insured and know genuine Midwest hospitality! Does this sound like something you want for your B&B? Become a MWInns member!
So, we’re here to maximize the success of your business … and together we’ll accomplish that through the services and programs from the MWInns available for each member. So why do so many outstanding B&Bs choose to belong:
Support & Advocacy
- General Office Support – full-time paid Executive Director, part-time paid Administrative Assistant.
- Advocacy is the support for, backing of, and championing of our industry. We work collaboratively with organizations/businesses keeping proactively abreast of issues, challenges, and opportunities to help keep you informed.
A Midwest Travel & Independent Lodging Website – MWInns.com
- Professional New State of the Art Responsive-Designed Website
- Driving Traffic to the Great Midwest for National and International Travelers
- Search Features/Links/Pictures/Map
- Each Midwest State Has Its Own Landing Page, Descriptions, Inn Listings, etc.
- SEO and Blogging
- Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
Marketing/Advertising Programs – On Air…Online…In Print…Onsite
Opportunities with Cumulative Power
- Co-Op Advertising (e.g., Silent Sports, Wild Wings, Midwest Living)
Media/Publicity – PR… getting the B&B story, and your story, told
- Working with our professional PR Consultant and writer places press releases with media contacts throughout the Midwest States.
- Travel Writers /Influencers Asking — We Give Them the Names of Our Member Inns
- TV, Radio, Onsite, Print Stories as they become available.
Ezine Newsletter-8000 Subscribers
Well-designed and informative ~ incorporate throughout social media channels to increase visibility/exposure.
- Brochures, postcards, mailings
Google Ads Program, Professionally Run with Proven Results
Following the model of success from the WBBA, that delivered incredible results of positive return on investment (ROI) numbers for its member inns~ Google Ads will be professionally run and monitored with Google Analytics to prove it.
- MWInns Conference & Trade Show
- Annual Membership Meeting
- Regional Meetings
- Board of Directors Meetings
- Private Facebook Member Group – exchange ideas, share experiences, ask questions.
- Regional Meetings
- Conference & Trade Show
- Volunteer Opportunities (e.g., committee member, board member, special projects)
- Newsletters & Updates – news you can use
- Aspiring Innkeeper (AI) Services
- AI Seminar
- AI Memberships
- Inns for Sale
Quality Standards Program
Dedicated to maintaining high standards of quality with standards criteria process for the commitment of safety, cleanliness, service, and hospitality.
Gift Certificate Program
Additional Income Opportunity ~ gift certificates will be able to be redeemed at any current member inn (MWInns).
- Work collaboratively with our vendor partners/others as strong partnerships make a difference.
- Discounts/programs for products/services
What is my investment cost into the MWInns?
As an incentive to join now, we have made 2024 membership dues half-price (if joining before May 1, 2024)!
Add $2 per guest room night assessment fee (guest paid, not innkeeper paid)
The room night assessment is simple:
- Collect $2 per room night sold and remit each month. Add to your guest’s invoice, through the reservation system.
- All information is confidential and on the honor system.
- Occupancy statistics with trends collected are reported only by state and region.
The two-part system allows dues to remain low while maximizing member benefits and marketing efforts.
Does Your B&B Qualify to Become a MWInns Member?
MWInns has two classes of membership:
- Hold a valid lodging license as required by the licensing authority where the member’s property is located (e.g., B&B, hotel/motel, tourist room house licenses) and be non-franchised and independently owned.
- Have a written policy covering rates, children, pets, smoking, reservations, cancelations, refunds, and other amenities associated with the operation.
- Have total operations of no more than 35 rooms.
- Communicate breakfast offerings provided (e.g., full, continental, other) clearly on all websites and marketing materials.
- Complete an application procedure and be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Be reviewed according to MWInns Standards Procedure and be in compliance.
- Be in good financial standing in MWInns.
- Agree to abide by the by-laws, policies, rules, and regulations set forth by MWInns.
Variance. Applicants desiring membership who do not fit the parameters stated above may petition the Board for a special temporary exemption to the rules as they work towards fulfilling the requirements for membership as defined in Article III, 1., A. Such an exemption may be approved with a two-thirds affirmative votes of the Board of Directors. Such variances shall be non-precedential and shall be reviewed annually.
Membership is transferable to new owner(s) upon completion of the membership application, subject to compliance with MWInns Standards Procedure, and approval by the Board of Directors. Membership room remittance fee payments must be current. The foregoing must be completed within 3 months of the date of purchase. If not complete, all membership benefits may cease.
- Aspire to participate in the industry as an owner or manager.
- Be associated with the industry in a professional or business capacity or in a related business.
- Non-voting members are eligible to serve on some committees but cannot serve on the Board of Directors.
Join today and become a community of innkeepers trying to make a difference in the guests they serve and the communities they live!