Why B&B It
Why B&B It and stay at a MWInns B&B vs all the lodging alternatives available? Because…
Why B&B It? When you go someplace special, you should stay someplace special. Our innkeepers know genuine Midwest hospitality and provide the inside scoop of where to go and what to do to make your stay in the Midwest one to remember.
- It’s better to Seek the Unique! Among our member inns, you’ll find a wide variety: contemporary urban B&Bs, cabins on the lake, eco-inns, historic mansions on gorgeous estates, and more. With so many styles and locations of B&Bs, one will surely appeal to you.
- Every inn is licensed, inspected, and insured. This is important. No, not everyone can make this claim. Many short-term rentals are unlicensed, inspected or insured for overnight guests. You don’t know what you are getting. MWInns member inns adhere to our quality assurance program of cleanliness, food service, safety, and hospitality requirements, allowing guests the peace of mind that their stay will meet the high standards your vacation deserves.
- As with any other lodging category, there is a range among B&B rates. Many innkeepers pride themselves on offering personal service and good value for the price. When comparison shopping, don’t forget to factor in that breakfast is always included and the many complimentary amenities and perks of staying at a B&B.
- Personal service and attention to detail is a standard for our B&Bs. Yet, we know the balance of when our time is needed and when privacy and being left alone is required.
- Speaking of perks, they are plentiful! Most are complimentary such as breakfast of course, but also, parking, Wi-Fi, robes, books and DVDs, a welcome glass of wine at check-in, snacks, coffee/tea bar, desserts, and more.
- Every inn has private baths. Many inns also offer luxury spa-like bathroom upgrades that include steam showers, whirlpool baths, and plush robes and slippers.
- Unbelievable breakfasts! Midwest B&Bs practically invented farm-to-table cuisine because they source locally for their signature recipes. Many owners are great home chefs in their own right and love perfecting and sharing recipes. Many cater to dietary restrictions and special diets. It is the love of the challenge that has them come up with new and unique creations to delight their guests!
- Breakfast can be served in the dining room where meeting new people is viewed as a perk. If a little less interaction is more your style, just communicate your preference when making a reservation. Some inns have tables for 2 in their dining rooms, patios, or porches, or serve at different times according to your preferences, or even offer room service where delivery to your room offers the ultimate privacy.
- B&B owners are honored when you think of them as your personal concierge. They’re a great resource for boutique shopping suggestions, restaurant recommendations, winery tours, tickets to theatre performances, and directions to the area’s best hiking and biking trails. So, ask away!
- Midwest Bed & Breakfasts aren’t just for vacations. They’re perfect for business travelers too. Many inns offer amenities that business travelers appreciate, such as breakfast at their choice of time with the option for a “breakfast to go,” regular overnight parcel pick-up and delivery, in-room desk, preferred rates for extended stays, and of course Wi-Fi.
To Sum it All Up, Why B&B It with the Midwest Association of Independent Inns?
Why B&B It? The B&B industry considers itself the original share economy, offering travelers a unique opportunity to stay as a local while fulfilling not just one but both parts of the “Bed & Breakfast” designation – a comfortable night’s sleep and a scrumptious breakfast. Member inns of the MWInns are also well-known for their eco-friendly practices and farm-to-table cuisine. All member inns in this elite collection of B&Bs are licensed, inspected, and insured.